Monday, May 11, 2009

Birdlips



With my rare day off from rusties on saturday, I found myself traveling to west philly for some music.  hanging out in the woods helped me to realize two things. one; I am living in the completely wrong neighborhood as far as there being cute hipster type girls on EVERY SINGLE CORNER and two; the best bands i have seen live within the past year or so, have been bands i have never heard of, and had no intention of seeing, and this is where birdlips comes in.  I found myself at the green line cafe to check out one of andys friends band, and DC's birdlips was the opening act. a guy/girl couple combo, their use of simple drum loops, acoustic guitar and synth, provides a charming base for some beautiful harmonies. please check this out.


No comments:

Post a Comment